Compulsory Alpha Recall
Compulsory Takata Alpha airbag recall in New Zealand
YOU CAN ONLY SEARCH FOR ALPHA AIRBAG RECALLS ON THIS PAGE
Only Alpha-type Takata airbags are subject to compulsory recall.
Takata Alpha airbags contain a defect that may cause the inflator to fail in a crash and explode, sending fragments at vehicle occupants. Failure of the airbag inflator can cause serious injury or death.
On the 4th of April 2018 the New Zealand government announced a compulsory recall of vehicles with Takata Alpha airbags.
To find out if your vehicle is affected, CHECK IT'S ONE OF THE MAKES LISTED BELOW THEN:
- Enter your registration plate or VIN in the box below.
- If you are a vehicle trader and have a stocklist to check, you can use this for multiple VINs or plates in one go.
- If you're an importer and want to check uncomplied vehicles, use the importer tool instead to check the chassis numbers.
This lookup tool will allow you to search for all vehicle makes and models which are currently affected by the compulsory Takata Alpha airbag recall in New Zealand: BMW, Honda, Isuzu, Lexus, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru and Toyota.
This tool will be regularly updated as new information is received from manufacturers about affected vehicles.
Only use this lookup for vehicles already "complied" for use on New Zealand roads - not new imports.
You can process multiple registration plates or VINs at the same time - up to at 1,000 in one go.
What you need to do depends on the results from this search:
- AFFECTED - DO NOT LIST
This vehicle is under compulsory recall. It cannot be legally offered for sale by a vehicle trader. If you're a vehicle owner:
- the vehicle distributor in New Zealand will contact you when replacement parts are available to complete the recall
- you should contact the supplier, or a manufacturer's representative such as a local dealership, if you have any questions or concerns.
- NO ALPHA RECALL FOUND
- based on records supplied by manufacturers, the vehicle is unaffected by the compulsory recall, or
- the plate or 17-digit VIN has not been correctly entered.