Japanese domestic market vehicle makes and models under Takata airbags recall
This list is taken from the Japanese government's website and is, to the best of our knowledge, the most comprehensive list of Japanese domestic market vehicle makes and models subject to the Takata airbags recall. You can use the list to check whether your Japanese used import is or was part of the recall.
If your car matches a make/model/year on this recall list:
- the manufacturer will contact you (if they haven't already, and if the recall wasn't completed in Japan) when replacement parts are available to complete the recall
- you should contact the manufacturer's representative, such as a local dealership, if you have any questions or concerns
- you should also find out if it could potentially have a disabled front passenger airbag.
If your car is a Japanese used import and is not on this list:
- it has not been identified as part of the Takata airbags recall so you don't need to take further action at this stage
- note that this list is the best information available to the Transport Agency at this time, and it may be expanded or amended at a later date. If you have any questions or concerns, contact an official dealer for the make of your vehicle.
Makes affected by recall